Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Ten Ren Oriental Beauty

Here is a picture of my OB:

http://i47.tinypic.com/nxjot0.jpg

I couldnt get a good picture of the color. The top dry leaf is white
bud and dark leaf. The bottom wet leaf shows two leaf and a bud with
faded greenish brown color.

I wouldnt disagree with the packaged TenRen description. I have a
Darjeeling prior to WWII. The story goes the same aphid eats both
leaving it saliva behind for similar taste. Also from a previous post
since the Taiwan draught of the mid nineties any bug eaten tea is sold
as OB. One tea shoppe in town sells some Taiwan green rolled nuggets
as OB.

I prefer Taiwan TenRen retail over their exports. Every time I am in
SF Chinatown I walk in and out of their store without buying
anything. I cant get anybody to give me the time of day.

Jim