Ian Glover

Default [TN] '86 Cos d'Estournel

Be gentle please! Its the first time I've exposed tasting notes to the
real world.

1986 Cos d'Estournel

Picked up this bottle at a local Oddbins shop a few months ago and seemed
like a good weekend to open it. Colour was very dark though the rim was
just beginning to fade to a brickish red. Nose was quite dense and heavy
with some oak coming through but no overt single fruit. Initial taste it
seem very hot in the mouth, with firm but not overpowering tannins. Quite
full and I struggled to pick out any single flavour. With tasted with the
steak we were having it smoothed out and there was a hint of mint. Finish
was reasonable but I didn't notice it as particularly long.

It was an interesting wine to try and clearly has a long life ahead of it
though in hindsight probably a bit dear at £86 (about $140 at the time of
purchase, rather more with the current exchange rates).

Ian