Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Aaaaargh

Aaron W. Hsu > wrote:
>Space Cowboy > writes:
>
>>Google Groups never forgets.

>I don't know what Google Groups you've been using, but I have had a
>terrible time with getting Google Groups to find old messages that I
>wanted, and there were times when whole groups just up and disappeared.

The messages aren't gone, but the Google Groups indices are getting
corrupted. And there's nobody at Google that seems to care about reports
about the problems.

There are a lot of messages that I can find by message-id but not by
keywords, for instance. Doing searches by keyword often fails completely.

As far as I can tell, google uses the Google Groups operation as a dumping
ground for their less competent employees... if indeed they actually have
any employees there at all and aren't just letting everything run on automatic.
--scott