Cwdjrx _

Default traditional Brunello

Many years ago, shortly after release, I bought a case each of Lisini
Brunello and Riserva Brunello 1975. I have followed these wines since
that time. The regular was considerably lighter than the Riserva. I
guess you could say the regular was perhaps a bit modern and the riserva
was rather traditional. At this point the regular is somewhat in decline
and should have been drunk a few years ago. However the riserva still is
holding well, is full, and has developed a very good bouquet with age.
In earlier days, the regular was more drinkable and the riserva was a
bit reserved. How this relates to recent vintages of Lisini, I am not
sure, since I have not tasted these. For all I know, Lisini could have
changed their style somewhat over the years.