Dale Williams

Default traditional Brunello

In article >, "Luk" >
writes:

>onsider that in the Brunello world traditional producers are many more than
>modern one, and only recently the brunello's recipe has been modified toward
>a modern style.

That might be true, but in US at least I'd say there are more modern Brunellos
available than strictly traditional ones. The reality though is that most of
the wines (including the regular Banfi) are somewhere in the middle. From my
meager knowledge, for every modern Altesino there's a producer who uses some
new barriques, but some traditional techniques. Some producers produce might
both a tradtionally styled and a modern wine (with the modern style often being
their riserva).

BTW, to the OP, I don't think of Lisini as being especally expensive. The
normale tends to run in mid-$30US here, which is low-end for Brunello.

BTW,
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply