Lawrence Leichtman

Default Big dinner, lots of 2000 Bordeaux

amnspam (Dale Williams) writes:

> >Bahabns-Haut-Brion

> Should read Bahans.
>
> I will say after reading other attendees notes' elsewhere, it sounds like my
> grade of C+ on the Pichon-Lalande was generous. The word "yuck" seems to
> appear
> with frequency, no one has admitted liking it (by the way, we were tasting
> 3-4
> bottles of each wine, mostly from more than 1 source, so unlikely an
> off-bottle). The green notes were also noted by others at the NY VinExpo last
> year. Hard to reconcile this with the notes of the major critics.
>

> Dale
>
> Dale Williams
> Drop "damnspam" to reply

I have 3 bottles of the Pinchon-Lalande. Do you think there is any hope
for an aging improvement in these wines? Normally I really like
Pinchon-Lalande but this is the most disappointing review I've read and
it seemed to be uniform across the group tasting and multiple bottles.