Dale Williams

Default TN: Big dinner, lots of 2000 Bordeaux

In article . 17>, jcoulter
> writes:

> 2000 Smith-Haut-Lafitte-Quiet nose, oak and sweet Merlot-ish fruit on
>> palate. B

>So what do I have in the way of '00 bordeaux? You guessed it. How is this
>going to be in the long run or should I drink it and enjoy?

Hey, I wouldn't worry:
1) My notes are amateur, just my impressions
2) I think someone said Parker gave a 94
3) As I said, these wines are somewhat closed right now

I thought this somewhat California-ish/international/Parkerized, pretty fat and
fruit forward. Good in its own way. It's always a little bit of a guessing game
as to whether the oak will integrate, etc. Personally , just guessing, I would
bet against this being a 25-30 year wine, but think that 5 to 7 more years
would probably do it good.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply