Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] is offline

Default Would you use a tempered glass lid with a wok (in certain occasion if not all the time)?

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> Does any one use lid other than the dome shape Alunimum lid with a
> wok, like tempered glass lid or the kind that has tempered glass in
> the center area of tthe lid)? Asian store has a 28cm (11" if measured
> from the inside) tempered glass lid that I think would go with a 12"
> wok? Wondering whether anyone try that? When cooking liquidy dish like
> this thai dish like this one at
> http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/features/kaosoi.html,
> I think that the tempered glass lid kind would be more useful.
> Recipe at
> http://thai-food.suite101.com/articl...noodles_recipe
>
> More thai dish at
> http://www.ifood.tv/network/healthy_...noodle/recipes

I have been known to upend the steel mixing bowl that I was using to hold
the stir-fry veggies in over the wok after I add the veggies.
-ginny