Chris

Default What am I drinking??

Hoping someone here can identify this mystery drink!
Just got back from a Mexican restaurant, where I had my first taste of
chayote (quite a surprise, as my mouth was expecting potato!) Anyway,
my friend was drinking horchata, and suggested I try a different
drink, which sits before me now.
It's a bit darker than cranberry juice and sweet, with a tea-like
aftertaste. The girl at the counter didn't speak English, but a man
seated nearby said he thought it was made from flowers similar to
roses. Could it be hibiscus? It's driving me crazy not knowing.
Many thanks in advance!
- Chris
---
http://www.sudairy.com/mer/recipes.html