Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: White Burg, pink Loire, and liver

On Jun 9, 3:51*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 6/9/10 10:47 AM, DaleW wrote:
>

> > I was soloing for dinner, so it seemed a good time to have my once a
> > year liver and onions. I opened the 2009 Baudtry Chinon rose. Some
> > recent unenthusiastic CT notes, but this floats my boat. Strawberry
> > fruit, but more mineral than fruit driven. Wet rocks, lemon zest,
> > chalk. Good acids, food friendly, nice length. B+

> Unenthusiastic CT notes?? Wow, '09 Baudry rosé has been lighting up the
> winegeek "back up the truck" boards for weeks now. *It got the coveted
> (Good) Jay Miller three thumbs up, too, so you're in good company, Dale.
> *Actually, since there are no signs that it's going to make it out of
> NY/NJ, I was just contemplating ordering some from a NYC retailer in the
> hopes that someone (hint, hint) might hang onto it until shipping season
> begins again.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

There were a couple of early positive CT notes, but some so-so recent
notes from tasters I like/trust (Cliff R) or at least have some
correlation with (Loren Sokin),. etc.
If you want me to hold for you, just let me know -happy to do it and
ship in fall. But I'm sure CSW, Crush, Astor etc will hold for summer
( and that way you don't pay both tax and shipping).
cheers