Posted to rec.food.cooking
rhelsenborg rhelsenborg is offline

Default OT <--(sorry) Hearing at high frequencies

On 6/8/2010 6:31 PM, Steve Pope wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> The first thing I would do is go to a doctor to see if you have a ear
>> blockage from excess wax inside. Some people produce more than others,
>> and cleaning is not possible too far inside your ears as you no doubt
>> know. I have to use an over the counter earwax removal product regularly
>> otherwise my ears get plugged deep inside. If that is ok and nothing is
>> found like a wax plug issue then a hearing test is in order.

> This is a very good point, however as part of the audiology exam the
> audiologist will check to see if there is too much earwax such
> that it is impeding hearing. So you don't really need to make
> a separate ear-cleaning appointment (with an additional co-pay,
> etc.)
>
> Steve

That is if the audiologist does that and is thorough in their exam. Not
all of them are, and some might not think of that. If they don't and
nothing is found from the hearing test then a separate appointment would
be in order. But if the patient belongs to kaiser (god forbid!), or
another HMO usually everything is done at the same time if the patient
requests it and is adamant that it all happen at the same time.

rh