Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default A Good Jasmine Tea...

TBerk > wrote:
>would be?
>
>I'm hoping to do some purposeful purchases soon (vs just what ever has
>come into the house.*)
>
> So, is there the stuff to avoid that is tea with Jasmine perfume
>sprayed on it and some other stuff thats actually worth imbibing?

Well, the baseline jasmine tea is the yellow box stuff... used to be marked
Fujian National Exports Co but I think the same factory is badging it under
the Foojoy name. Available at your local chinatown for maybe five bucks a
pound.

There are far better jasmine teas out there, and there are worse ones too,
but this is what you'll normally get served in a restaurant if you ask for
jasmine tea. It's green tea with jasmine petals in it, nothing else.
--scott