Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Sourdough Pancakes

jedc53 > wrote:
> I have worked out baking bread with Sourdough as the only leaven and it
> rises well with a great texture.Pancakes are another story.To get a nice
> fluffy pancake I have added 1 t baking soda and 1 t baking powder.I have
> tried with out and the pancakes are rubbery.I have thought about mixing
> my recipe and letting it set for about an hour to get the sourdough
> active then bake but am worried that milk and egg might not be good eats
> after setting for awhile.
>
> Any suggestions?

I've done these. From Carl's. Very good!

Alaska Sourdough pancakes. Serves 6? (2nd try)

To ½ cup of starter add 1 cup of warm water, and 1¼ to 1½ cups of flour.
Let sit for 8-12 hours at 85 F.

After proofing, RETURN ¼ cup of culture to the culture jar. Add 2 Tbs of
white flour and 2 Tbs of warm water and proof at 85 deg. F. for one hour.
Then refrigerate immediately.

To the remaining sourdough, (1½ cups?) add
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 TBS. Honey

Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon.

Combine in a separate cup:
1 teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon baking soda

Blend together until smooth. Sprinkle evenly over the dough and gently
fold the dry ingredients into the batter. Heat up a griddle until fairly
hot, add a little butter, then pour batter by the tablespoon on the
griddle. The pancakes should cook quickly.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061