Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default A Good Jasmine Tea...

On Jun 4, 8:30*am, Space Cowboy > wrote:
> My Jasmine is what has snuck into the house over the years ie I never
> finish it off. *Look at the recent posts by Dominic on Jasmine which
> was ones of his favorites. *He left and started a blog so probably
> something there. *I recommend buying dried Jasmine and adding your
> own. *Or if commercial make sure you can see the flowers. *Another bet
> is US Magnolia(most recent addition) which is in my opinion is a
> better Jasmine than the Chinese magnolia. *The Chinese view Jasmine as
> medicinal so the aroma and taste overpowering. *Try other dried
> flowers like lavender, honeysuckle, rose, orange blossom, peony,
> orchid, and many more you can find in a herbal shoppe.
>
> Jim
>
> On Jun 3, 11:31 pm, TBerk > wrote:
>
> > would be?

> > I'm hoping to do some purposeful purchases soon (vs just what ever has
> > come into the house.*)

> > *So, is there the stuff to avoid that is tea with Jasmine perfume
> > sprayed on it and some other stuff thats actually worth imbibing?

> > berk
> > *It's funny, living with roommates, how stuff just kind of shows up.

I'm not dead! I didn't really start a blog either, I've had that
for quite a few years and unfortunately I haven't had time recently to
update it. If you want a decent Jasmine go with a Jasmine Pearl type.
They range from decent to exceptional, but rarely if ever are they
poor and compared to the crap shoot with many loose jasmine greens
it's always a safe bet.

I've been doing a lot of artwork lately and just enjoying tea again,
not worrying about writing about it.

- Dominic