Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Grilled Cheese - Mayo on the outside

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 06:59:01 -0700 (PDT), Mr. Bill wrote:

> On Jun 1, 11:00*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Somebody here recently mentioned putting mayo instead of butter on
>> the outside of the bread before you fry/toast it. *

> That's a southern thing in our family...started that tradition back in
> the 60's when we made grilled pimento cheese sandwiches. Boy, they
> were good!

Don't remind me. Somebody mentioned pimento cheese here a few
months ago, and when I looked for it at the store, there was only
one brand that wasn't made from imitation cheese: Price's.

And even that was some nasty-assed shit. Shredded cheddar cheese
(60%) mixed with miracle whip and red food coloring (the other
40%).

-sw