Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Grilled Cheese - Mayo on the outside

In article
Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 06:59:01 -0700 (PDT), "Mr. Bill" >
> > wrote:

> > > That's a southern thing in our family...started that tradition back in
> > > the 60's when we made grilled pimento cheese sandwiches. Boy, they
> > > were good!

> > It's not a southern thing. I'll use it (sparingly) for grilled
> > sandwiches if I'm out of butter or when butter is refrigerator hard.

> We have done that, too. I prefer it with butter, but a thin spread
> of mayo tastes alright, too, when it's cooked up on the stove.

Never tried it, but I often use olive oil for frying. I like the flavor
just as well as butter, and I figure I get enough dairy in the cheese.
I like to put some meat inside, also. Salami (hard) is my favorite, but
I'll put in whatever I can find.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA