Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Dried Limes

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:29:10 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I've seen dried limes at the ethnic markets but I've never used them,
>really didn't know what they were used for.
>
>Found this article today in the NY Times.......might have to give
>dried limes a go!!
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/di...tml?ref=dining

If you have access to Tess Mallos' book on Mid-East cooking, check out
Baghdad lamb, made with dried limes. That and B'Harat seasoning, which
you can whip up in your kitchen. The dish is magnificent, and worth of
respect.

If dried limes are not available, a decent sub is lime zest peels or
lemon zest peels. Here in Texas, I find them in Mideast-Indo-Pak
stores. Be aware there are many names for these puppies, but they look
like olive drab-black golf ball shells. Very light, as the pulp is
gone. Not expensive, though.

HTH

Alex