Old 02-06-2010, 06:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Escolar

Nan wrote on Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:08:56 -0700 (PDT):

We have white tuna or escolar on a sashimi platter often at
out favorite sushi joint. Neither my hubby nor I have ever had
any problems. It is about 5 pieces 1/3" thich by 2" X 4".
The flavor is so delicate and good, if it doesn't bother you,
it will become a favorite. Now in larger quantities, I have
no idea, and your gut and what it will tolerate is unique to
you. You could try an ala carte serving of white tuna at a
sushi place and see what happens. Our place serves 2 slices
the size mentioned above for it's ala carte white tuna. Good
Luck. Nan in DE

I'm glad you can eat it, unlike me and a lot of Japanese. I won't try
again; once bitten, twice shy.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland