Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Escolar

On 2010-06-01 16:20:19 -0700, Mark Thorson said:

> I spotted some escolar at an Asian food store, frozen
> steaks. I was tempted to try it, but the Wikipedia
> entry is a bit scary.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escolar
>
> Although my digestive system seems to be working
> excellently, I attribute that to avoiding things like
> this.
>
> To you who have eaten escolar, is it worth the risk?
> Is it some really great fish that must be tried?

We just had a long tedious battle over it a couple of months ago when I
first got here. Many don't want to try it or have tried it, but still
don't want to eat it. Then there's those like swertz who thinks anyone
who won't eat it is a "butt****" among other enlightening views.
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?