Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_3_] pavane[_3_] is offline

Default Escolar

"notbob" > wrote in message ...
| On 2010-06-01, Mark Thorson > wrote:
|
| > To you who have eaten escolar, is it worth the risk?
|
| How the heck can anyone else know what your digestive system can
| tolerate!?
|
| YOU eat it and then tell US!!

Escolar has a well documented history of digestive
problems and GI upset. *In all probability* it will cause
similar problems; it tastes good, one of my favorite sushis,
but the side effects can be nasty. I agree that he should
try it, but he should be cautious and aware. The indigestible
components of escolar are well known and real. Mark should
be congratulated for asking, not criticized.

pavane