Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default A Nostalgic Promo Item I found

Lou Decruss wrote:

> It cracked me up when I saw it. We had the yearly garage sale at the
> summer joint. I'm getting it ready to sell so I didn't shop but we
> had friends up who did. The association has a deal with the trash
> company for a Monday pickup after the sale and they take as much as
> you put at the street. They wanted a fire so I went out Saturday
> night and collected furniture to burn and found a big stack of old
> gaming books and the white castle thing was mixed in with it. I see
> chemo found some on eBay and it's not worth anything to it will go in
> the time capsule.

Contrary to popular belief, one of the hardest things
to burn is a book. I was told that by an old bookseller,
who told me about his biggest score. He bought a collection
on flowers that had been in a house that burned down.
Insurance paid it off, he bought the books, removed the
dust jackets, aired them out, and sold them to a collector
in France.