Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default pastry bag alternative?

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:34:35 -0700, Don Martinich wrote:
>
> > I made a batch of guougeres the other day, and, since I don't own a
> > pastry bag, things got kind of messy. The dough is just too sticky. The
> > best I could do was to spoon it onto the baking pan. Does anyone have
> > good alternative to squeezing it out of a bag?
> > TIA

> I cut a corner off of a ziplock bag and regular pastry tips fit in there
> just fine.
>
> You can also use parchment paper rolled into a cone.
>
> -sw

I recommend the parchment cone hands down over the Ziploc bag. My
experience with tubes in plastic bags is pretty miserable -- and that's
with deviled egg filling. If you do use a plastic bag, Don, use a
freezer bag and use two, one inside the other, then cut the corner for
your pastry tip -- or without a pastry tip. JMO.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller