Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Half-Century Wine Geeks-great wines 1924-2008 (Cali, Loire,Bdx, and much more)

On May 24, 11:39*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 5/24/10 11:08 AM, DaleW wrote:
> Aha! *You got to "jeeb" with the elusive and mysterious Kay Bixler
> (Andrew), subject of many a Chris Coad jokey reference. *It's good to
> hear that Andrew and Jennifer's wine is tasty, as I know from his posts
> that their tastes definitely run Old World-y.

I remember the name in Chris's posts (he was there yesterday), but
didn't make an association

> Wow. *Just, wow. *You're in SFJoe territory with this. *As you likely
> know, '24 precedes Gaston Huët's purchase of the property, so the wine
> was actually vinified by the Masse-Violet family (and the stocks were
> purchased by Huët).

Didn't actually know that. I believe Joe brought that bottle.

> That's good to hear. *Because of a misdirected email, I have more than a
> sneaking suspicion that I'll see one of these come out of a CSW shipper
> on my upcoming birthday

Yippee!

> So, not a '60er in the lot, eh? *Surely there are some '60 Ports
> floating around that are quite drinkable still. *BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
> Dale!!!

My birthday isn't for months (no one had an actual 50th this month). I
actually own 2 1960s I'm holding for my actual day. The '60 BV GdlT
I've been holding for a while, and greedily saved. I also have a 60
Fonseca, which is a good not great wine, but I had shared a previous
bottle with Jeff and Jay (and know Gilman has tried). So decided to
also save that for October.