Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts?

On May 23, 5:15*pm, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> > I used to use a Smokey Joe for years. Yeah, mine had the real wood
> > handle too. And it had adjustable louvers top and bottom just like the
> > bigger Weber kettles, but unlike this full sized one the Smokey Joe
> > louver adjustment was outside the kettle wall metal. Made a whole lot
> > better send to me too than the "ash sweeper" adjuster on this full
> > sized kettle.

> > John Kuthe...

> I have one the kids got me for my birthday last year that I only used once,
> without much success. I couldn't keep the charcoal burning long enough to
> grill a couple of strip steaks. I meant to do some research to figure out
> what I was doing wrong but never got to it. It's just easier to fire up the
> gas Weber.

My new one didn't work very well till I used it for a while. A Weber
rep I once asked said that people are more likely to have trouble with
the similar "tuck and carry" models, which have two vents halfway up,
making air less likely to flow through the fire.