Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_6_] ceed[_6_] is offline

Default Best wood for beef?

On Sun, 23 May 2010 14:30:14 -0500, Chemiker >
wrote:

> SWMBO brought home a $ale Brisket and asked me to Cook it in the BGE.
> I have the following woods available:
>
> Apple, pecan, mesquite, plum, fig, and Tabasco oak.

I mostly mix oak or pecan with one fruit tree wood for beef. It's always
oak and apple for brisket though. Stay away from mesquite unless you are
very sure that's the flavor you want and do not mind that everything
tastes like mesquite for the next few months (or you are from Texas.. )

--
//ceed