Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts?

John Kuthe > wrote:

>We cleaned up and fired up an old Weber charcoal grill last evening,
>but found that the bottom louver controls were rusted off, leaving the
>bottom louvers open and uncontrollable. I looked on the Weber website
>and here's a pic of what should be in the bottom of this Weber kettle:
>
>http://www.weber.com/assets/en-us/fe...d18_diff_2.jpg
>
>I searched the Weber site for repair parts but found nada.
>
>Anyone have experience repairing such a problem? What approach did you
>use (besides buying a whole new Weber kettle) and where did you get
>parts?

That's a tough one -- the bottom vent is the failure point you
may not be able to do anything about. But if it is stuck in the open
position, you can still use the grill, the main drawback being
it will waste charcoal by continuing to burn when you're finished
grilling.

A large hardware store that carries Weber products is your
best shot at trying to order a replacement. (Not Home Depot
or similar, a real hardware store.)

Steve