Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts?

On Sun, 23 May 2010 09:44:21 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> Well, from the bottom visualizing from outside the kettle, the
> external adjustment arm and shaft to inside the kettle looks all rusty
> and is immobile, but I'm not sure about the actual metal of the
> kettle. If the kettle metal (which is supposed to be ceramic glazed
> and rustproof) is OK, then all I'll need is a replacement louver and
> control assembly. Or so I'd think.

Maybe all it needs is a little WD40 or whatever it is that you'd spray
on something that's rusty.

> I'm just not in a position right now to dig into it to find out. Too
> much drinking last evening, and recovering slowly! Getting old sucks,
> but it beats the alternative! :-)

Yeah, creeping age does something to our ability to consume alcohol
with no side effects. We're all getting rusty.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.