Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts?

On Sun, 23 May 2010 09:28:43 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> We cleaned up and fired up an old Weber charcoal grill last evening,
> but found that the bottom louver controls were rusted off, leaving the
> bottom louvers open and uncontrollable. I looked on the Weber website
> and here's a pic of what should be in the bottom of this Weber kettle:
>
> http://www.weber.com/assets/en-us/fe...d18_diff_2.jpg
>
> I searched the Weber site for repair parts but found nada.
>
> Anyone have experience repairing such a problem? What approach did you
> use (besides buying a whole new Weber kettle) and where did you get
> parts?

I'm surprised that part rusted out before the kettle did. My
experience was just the opposite. Check your kettle carefully for
holes, you probably need a whole new unit.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.