Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Great article about pizza dough......

ImStillMags wrote:
> We've talked about pizza dough lots just since I've been in this group
> but here's another take on it.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/dining/19pizza.html
>
> I'm going to stick my pizza stone in my bbq and try that.

I use high-protein flour and I let the dough ferment in the fridge for
at least 24 hours, usually longer. Last time, I tried using half
bread flour and half all-purpose flour, and the dough was easier to
work but the crust had less flavor and didn't brown as well. But the
"easier to work" part was enough that I need to revisit this.

I like the idea of using sourdough starter. I have some rye flour in
the basement freezer; might be time to start a culture going. (start
with rye, feed it with wheat AP flour once it's alive and bubbly)

Bob