Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: SOBER does Champagne, Austria, Rioja, Rhone, Burg, Tuscany,Bdx, Port

On 5/19/10 11:24 AM, DaleW wrote:
> We had vegetarian tacos for meatless Monday, and the 2007 Donnhoff
> Riesling QbA was it's usual friendly self. B/B+
>
> Cathleen hosted SOBER last night. All wines were blind. As we
> gathered, we enjoyed proscuitto, great salami, and 2 Champagnes

Great lineup of wines, Dale, and fun notes to read. As the owner of a
single bottle of the '99 Chave, I am grateful for the status report, as
it were. As usual, I am continually impressed with ability of your
group (Mark and Craig, this time; John usually, too) as blind tasters.
This certainly strains the credibility of those who proclaim that
"experts" can't identify vineyards and producers and years blind. I'd
also not realized that there was a woman in SOBER until now.

Mark Lipton