Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening
Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] Fred C. Dobbs[_2_] is offline

On 5/14/2010 3:14 PM, Rupert wrote:
> On May 15, 6:26 am, "Fred C. >
> wrote:
>> On 5/14/2010 1:16 PM, Rupert wrote:

>>> How do you know?

>> I already explained it to you several times over the last couple of
>> years. The issue is *not* about environmental footprint, and you know
>> it. It's about a misconceived and ignorant belief regarding resource
>> allocation.
>>

> The issue is not about environmental footprint *for whom*?

The issue is not about environmental footprint at all.

> Do you claim that *no-one* who talks about the "inefficiency" of meat
> production has this environmental argument in mind? That seems like a
> pretty extraordinary claim to me.

I mean that everyone who has blabbered about it here is not talking
about the environment. They're *all* talking about some kind of
nonsensical absolute inefficiency. The overwhelming majority have also
repeatedly maintained that the land currently in use for livestock
fodder continue to be used for agriculture, but that it be used to grow
food for "starving people" around the world. *Clearly*, that means
those people, at least, are not advancing an environmental argument.