Reka

Default Decanter Cleaning?

I have seen brass ball bearings smaller than BBs which were sold at an
abominable price for swishing around the inside of a decanter to clean it.
I would think small ball bearings would do the same job, and cheaper.
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

"The Ranger" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I decanted a bottle of Fonseca Vintage Porto, thinking that I would be

able
> to enjoy this with guests as they came over during the holidaze. We

finished
> off the last of it but my decanter has a heavy layer of sediment along the
> sides. It's a hand-blown port decanter that defies my getting a barman's

mop
> inside. Can someone suggest any other ways of cleaning the inside?
>
> Note: I've let it soak all day with mild soap and hot water. The sediment
> laughed at that attempt.
>
> The Ranger
> --
> "Grits are akin to Elmer Paste with less flavor and more sand."

---