The Ranger

Default Decanter Cleaning?

I decanted a bottle of Fonseca Vintage Porto, thinking that I would be able
to enjoy this with guests as they came over during the holidaze. We finished
off the last of it but my decanter has a heavy layer of sediment along the
sides. It's a hand-blown port decanter that defies my getting a barman's mop
inside. Can someone suggest any other ways of cleaning the inside?

Note: I've let it soak all day with mild soap and hot water. The sediment
laughed at that attempt.

The Ranger
--
"Grits are akin to Elmer Paste with less flavor and more sand."