Posted to rec.food.cooking
Barry in Indy Barry in Indy is offline

Default Foodsaver Containers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond

On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:05:17 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>So, the bottom line is that for a lot of people, a device like a
>Foodsaver is a very practical item.

Exactly! I live alone, so foods tend to go bad on me or get stale. I
use the FoodSaver containers for coffee beans, ground coffee,
pretzels, seeds and nuts, cookies, and pretty much anything else that
can go stale and does not require refrigeration. I keep a small
portion out for use and vacuum the rest.

In the freezer, I use the bags for butter (freeze before vacuuming),
hot dogs (I tend to stock up when things are on sale), steaks and
chops, and other things which are perishable and can be frozen (like
pine nuts, which are too expensive to allow to get rancid).

Barry in Indy