Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Pork Belly Pasts

On Sun, 9 May 2010 17:53:13 -0400, cshenk wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote
>
>> I don't remember exactly what I used on these, but here is a picture
>> of them rubbed. It was probably my generic BBQ rub (garlic, onion,
>> slight sugar, salt, pepper:

> Humm, looks to have some paprika and possibly annato there? The sugar may
> be the brown sugar looking bits? That would have lead to the nice glaze
> look at finish.

Yeah - there was paprika. That was back when I made my Generic
spice rub a pound at a time and stored it in a Vitamin Water bottle.
It had the basic ingredients I used for most smokes, then I would
add custom spices based on what was cookingf (thyme, coriander,
rosemary, cumin, etc ...)

> Thanks! Mostly I need to get off my butt and get the right cable for the
> camera then start taking pics.

I lost my cable as well. So I just bought one of those 7 in 1 card
readers that reads both cellphone cards and all my SD cards. Then
somebody stole my camera (I think). Last seen on the kitchen
counter before the refrigerator was delivered.

-sw