Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Foodsaver Containers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond

John Kuthe wrote:

> On May 9, 4:39 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> > This year's Mother's Day present was a set of Foodsaver
> > canisters and a roll of bags for the Foodsaver I gave
> > Mom last year.
> >
> > If you have one, you may be interested to know that
> > Bed, Bath, and Beyond has been doing a clearance sale
> > on the canisters at $10 for the set of three, which
> > used to be $20.

> I'll BET they are made in China!

Probably so, but I don't think that's a big issue
for an item made entirely out of plastic. It's
not like frozen fish or cat food, where you'd be
taking a big risk. I'm not aware of any scandals
involving plastic (except when it's used as an
additive in baby formula or cat food). On the other
hand, there was a scandal with Chinese drywall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ch...ll_controversy