Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Foodsaver Containers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond

This year's Mother's Day present was a set of Foodsaver
canisters and a roll of bags for the Foodsaver I gave
Mom last year.

If you have one, you may be interested to know that
Bed, Bath, and Beyond has been doing a clearance sale
on the canisters at $10 for the set of three, which
used to be $20.

I don't consider these to be very useful, except for
foods which oxidize like roasted coffee beans and
for marinating meat, which is the main reason to get
them. At $10, you may as well buy a set if you have
the machine. You might not be able to buy them
a year from now. I'll bet they cut into sales of
the bags, which at $20 per roll are rather pricey.