Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Pork Belly Pasts

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 09 May 2010 13:26:10 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Sqwertz > wrote:
> >
> >> Here are some cured with garlic and roasted, 3-rib belly sections
> >> sold as "Karubi Ribs". Perhaps you can tell me why they are called
> >> "Karubi Ribs"?
> >> http://i42.tinypic.com/ea0309.jpg

> > No idea, but they look tasty. I presume those come from MT?

> Certain HEB's sell them between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Don't
> ask me why - maybe there's a Korean holiday in there somewhere.

Likely. HEB's marketing dept. seems to always be on the ball.
I'll watch for them, thanks!

> >> Smoked and sliced:
> >> http://i41.tinypic.com/2n73xnp.jpg

> > Oh wow. What'd you use to smoke it?

> Probably pecan in a ECBG (Wood-burning Brinkmann Gourmet)
>
> -sw

Nice. Right now I still have plenty of oak and mesquite, but lost two
very large branches off of the giant Hackberry out front yesterday. Bad
enough I had to shell out to a tree service. My shoulders are too
screwed up right now to handle the chainsaw myself. <sigh>

That main shade branch that shaded the entire South side of the house
broke off and was 12" across at the base. It literally filled the
entire front yard. I had to cut a few small branches with pruners just
to open the front gate.

Some people don't like to grill or BBQ with Hackberry, but I don't have
a problem with it. Now I have a huge pile stacked and curing out front
next to the pit!

I have more wood available than I know what to do with. No need to
purchase charcoal...

I paid the tree service enough to cut the branches to size for the New
Braunfels pit fire box.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine