Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Nice VdP Syrah

Last night Betsy made pasta with parsnips and pancetta, and a pea/
broccoli rabe fricasse. I went downstairs thinking Chianti or
Beaujolais (white would work as well, but David prefers red) yet
ended up with the 2007*Gonon*"Les*Iles*Feray" (Vin de Pays de
l'Ardeche).**Really lovely Syrah, drinking quite well. Medium bodied,
dark berries and a little cassis, woodsmoke, white pepper. Light
tannins, lively acids, some structure but friendly. Does fine with
this lighter meal, but could handle a steak. Nice length and
concentration, clearly Syrah and not Shiraz. B+*

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**