larkin1734

Default Champagne with sushi?

The last few times I've had sushi, I'd drunk a NV Domaine Chandon Blanc de
Noirs sparkler. The first time, that was the only bottle I had available.
We liked it so much, I repeated it again. I like the pairing of the
carbonation and yeastiness with the saltiness of the soy sauce. I tend to
go light on the wasabi, partly because I don't like it overpowering and
partly because I think it would overwhelm any beverage except beer.

Anyone have other recommendations for sparkling wines to pair with sushi?
I'm open to bubblies from any part of the world, with preference for
something in the $15-25 USD price range.

--
To email directly, use l a r k i n 1 7 3 4 a t e a r t h l i n k d o t n e t