Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_14_] Jeßus[_14_] is offline

Default President's Cancer Panel recommends organic food

On Fri, 7 May 2010 00:41:40 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/op...06kristof.html
>
>"Traditionally, we reduce cancer risks through regular doctor visits,
>self-examinations and screenings such as mammograms. The President's Cancer
>Panel suggests other eye-opening steps as well, such as giving preference to
>organic food, checking radon levels in the home and microwaving food in
>glass containers rather than plastic."
>
>Interesting, especially the part about organic food.

Pesticides reduces the plant's need to produce many cancer fighting
agents, so they generally don't until if/when they are attacked by
pests.

Tried before to find an online cite for this but failed. I'm probably
using the wrong search terms... I know some other lists where there
are ppl who might be able to help with the latter, I'll give them a
try.