Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Fred C. Dobbs[_3_] Fred C. Dobbs[_3_] is offline

Default No Milk (Was: Harnessing the sun to keep milk fresh : A storyfrom Goa)

On 5/6/2010 8:26 AM, Goo - ****wit David Harrison - lied:

www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>> In >,
>> Dayashankar Joshi > posted:
>>
>>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

>>> Wonder what Stevens Jyotishi Jai Maharaj . . .

>> There's no "Stevens" in my name, and "Jyotishi" refers to a profession.

His name is Jay Stevens - he is not Indian and does not have a
legitimate Indian name - and he is a Jyotishithead.

>>> . . . offers rural Indians in jobs
>>> as fool proof alternative to dairy farming to earn their living?

>> What does a "fool proof alternative" mean to you, and for which
>> region? The production of food needs to be more about the benefit to
>> its consumer than the producer.

> How unfortunate for the farmers.

No.

>>> I would want Indians living in USA to get heards of buffaloes from
>>> India and go into making mozzarella cheese production as some Italians
>>> and Brits have done. Surely the Indians know better how to take care
>>> of buffaloes.

>> Tofu cheese is better than dairy-based cheese.

> · From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life,

Canned bullshit.