Posted to rec.food.cooking
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default Okra

"Ranée at Arabian Knits" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "piedmont" > wrote:
>
>> Saute fresh okra with onion, yellow squash, fresh tomato, after cooking
>> it
>> isn't bad, use equal amounts of veggys. A little salt N pepper before
>> serving.

> That sounds good, I was thinking we could use it that way as we do
> with the thin eggplant as well. My mother always got small okra dry on
> a string from her family in Saudi Arabia and made a tomato based stew of
> it. We'd like to pickle some, freeze some and dry some this year as
> well.
>
> Regards,

I have to get my temperature probe out and check the ground temperature, as
soon as it hits 70F I can plant my okra this year! Beautiful flowers as it
is in the hibiscus family. I'm thinking of planting 6 in a tight circle in
the front yard for show as well as consumption. I grow Clemson spineless.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/