Posted to rec.food.cooking
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default Okra

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> "gloria.p" > wrote in message
>>
>> I just watched Alton Brown's episode on okra.
>>
>> It's a pretty plant/flower but watching what he cooked didn't make me
>> want to try it again. I've had it pickled which wasn't bad, but the
>> texture of cooked okra is...strange.
>>
>> gloria p

> Saute fresh okra with onion, yellow squash, fresh tomato, after cooking it
> isn't bad, use equal amounts of veggys. A little salt N pepper before
> serving.
>
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Another way to cook is the add to stewed tomato that is common here in the
Carolinas. As well as fried too. I think only a true lover of okr would eat
it alone other than fried. The African slaves brought okra over with them so
any lover of gumbo pays tribute to them each time they make a pot.

http://www.deltablues.net/gumbo.html