Default Gruaud Larose Vertical

Bill Spohn > wrote:

: It's been quite a week for wine (and it isn't over yet). I had planned to relax
: after my Sassicaia vertical event last week, but it didn't turn out that way.

Well Bill, if you can't have extravagance This time of year, when can you
have it?

: 1983 Gruaud Larose - good colour, toasty, jammy, plummy nose. Similar
: structure, but more sweetness at the end, and a pleasant mint note. The best
: nose of the three, and no rush on this one.

Had this about 4 years ago and it was lovely. I remember a beautifully
balanced wine with good concentration and sweetness, like you mentioned. I
remember it feeling almost Californian in profile.

Thanks for the notes!

Mark S