Bill Spohn

Default Sassicaia Notes

>Bill, if you don't mind a beginner asking; how long have you been
>developing your collection? It might give some of us some hope.
>How large is your collection in your cellar?

I started a cellar around 1980. It just seems to keep growing despite my
efforts to open more bottles and buy less.

It currently runs around 3,700 bottles.

>It seems that many of the members with large and varied selections,
>also entertain a lot. Is this one of the reasons you have developed
>such a wine cellar?

Appreciation of wine can certainly be a social pursuit, but in my case it
wasn't a major consideration. I collect wine because I enjoy it - the social
thing was definitely secondary.

I may also be accused of having a collector mentality, which is why I have
owned probably 6 dozen cars (only about 9 currently) 4000 LPs, untold books,
and just one long-suffering wife.