Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Deep Fried Hamburger Patty

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> I was deep frying french fries and taquitos and remembered I had a
> musgovian hamburger patty in the fridge.
>
> So I threw it in there after everything else was done.
>
> The inside stayed nice and juicy (too juicy - it exploded when I cut
> into it), but the outside was rubbery instead of the crisp I was
> expecting.
>
> So if you ever have the urge to deep fry a hamburger, I've already
> done it for you. Don't bother.
>
> -sw

You know better Steve! If you wanted the outside to be crispy, you
would have to have coated it with some kind of starch. My personal
preferences (at the moment) are spiced rice flour or corn starch.

I now also have tapioca starch on hand so might try that too next time I
deep fry.

I bought the tapioca starch to mix with rice flour to try making a rice
bread. I've just not gotten around to it yet.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine