Tom S

Default Sassicaia Notes

Hi, Bill -

You _really_ should move to Los Angeles so that I can partake in your
tastings! ;^D

This sounded like a great extravaganza of food and fine wines. I've pretty
much stuck with traditional Italian wines, so I'm not familiar with
Sassicaia, but I guess I'll have to investigate their wines.

One comment on vertical (and horizontal) tastings:
Although I appreciate the educational value of them, I don't conduct them on
my own anymore. There are always wines that get blown away by a few of
their more stellar peers which would be perfectly lovely if served on their
own. That strikes me as wasteful of merit.

On tannin/fruit balance:
In my experience, wines that go into the bottle out of balance never achieve
balance with aging. They may _improve_, but it's always better if the wine
is balanced to begin with.

> Maybe we should get together again in 2008 or so to repeat the

experience.

Is that an open invitation? ;^)

Tom S