Posted to alt.food.sushi
Wilson[_3_] Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default Sushi recipes

sometime in the recent past James Silverton posted this:
> Nick wrote on 28 Apr 2010 02:24:10 GMT:
>
>> http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sus...cipes.htm?nl=1

> I did open the page and it seems to be about rolls. Why not buy a book
> on sushi that covers a lot of the varieties? Among many, I might suggest
> "Sushi" by Ryuichi Yoshii. I don't even eat much but nigiri sushi and a
> lot of rolls seem held together with mayonnaise.

Since my introduction to the internet, I haven't bought many cookbooks. But
to be fair, I didn't buy many before that. Point is it's easier to find many
examples of something you have interest in on the web allowing you to become
'informed' enough to sink money into an unknown book. Your suggestion,
James, may be a fine book, but I wouldn't have known what to compare it with
if not for the web.

As for makis, most of those I prefer are held together with nori ;-)

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3