D. Gerasimatos

Default Consumer Reports Choices

In article >,
pavane > wrote:
>"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
>>

>> A $10 California cabernet is quite an adventure indeed. Without knowing
>> anything about the wine I would shy away from any California cab less
>> than $30.
>>

>Totally correct. I would not consider drinking any wine that
>is not a First Growth Paulliac costing at least US$125.
>I admire your egalitarianism.

As someone else said, the point here is that most California cab under
about $30 just isn't any good. It's an expensive varietal with a high
demand. If you don't want to spend that sort of money then there are other
varietals. A $30 zinfandel is usually a helluva wine. You can occasionally
find a value in California cabs, but that's not a good place to go looking
for one.

Dimitri